You are here
> > Thermal Testing-Analysis
>> Thermal Shock Testing
THERMAL SHOCK TESTINGStandardised Cooling Tanks, suitable for determining the resistance to thermal shock in accordance to the UNI EN ISO 10545-9. According to the standard, each sample must undergo 10 heating and cooling cycles.
The sample must be heated in a thermostatically controlled drying oven and cooled in accordance with one of two methods, depending on the water absorption of the samples examined.
Tiles with a low porosity (water absorption of less than 10%) are immersed in water (VR/60/A tank).
Glazed tiles with water absorption of over 10% are indirectly cooled without immersion (VR/60/B tank).
Standardized tank, model VR/60/A.
- Designed for cooling ceramic tiles by immersing them in water;suitable for sizes of up to 60x60 cm.
- Entirely made of stainless steel. The water supply is adjustable thanks to the provision of a flowmeter with a scale of 0 to 5 litres/min, (the standard mentions a flow rate of 4 litres/minute).
- Water drainage outlet with pipe fitting.
- Stainless steel bucket for samples, featuring 4 vibrationdamping feet, adjustable height.
- Overall dimensions: 85x38x93 cm.Gross weight: 38 kg.
Standardized tank, model VR/60/B
- Designed for the indirect cooling of ceramic tiles, without immersion; suitable for sizes of up to 50x50 cm.
- Tank structure made of stainless steel.
- Top aluminium plate with adjustable feet made of stain-less steel, handles and raised edge for retaining the aluminium granules. The water supply is adjustable thanks to the provision of a flowmeter with a scale of 0+5litres/min. (the norm mentions a flow rate of 4 litres/minute).
- Water drain-age outlet with pipe fitting. 4 vibration-damping feet, adjustable height.
- Supplied complete with a 5 kg pack of aluminium granules of different diameters (from 0.3 to 0.6 mm).
- Overall dimensions 74x57x26 cm. Gross weight 21 kg.